In order for CP Pay to talk to Authorize.net, we need to have user credentials.
This article is for information purposes only and was accurate as of July 29th, 2020. We cannot make any guarantee to the accuracy of these specific steps below as Authorize.net may make modifications to what things are called or where they are placed. The outline below should be substantially like what you should see on the Authorize.net site.
- In Authorize.net navigate to User Administration
- Click on Add User
- Select Transaction Manager or a higher role
- Set User Permissions
- Note: At a minimum, the user will need the ability to create, refund, and void transactions. If you are planning to save payment methods, then you will also need "Manage CIM Profiles".
- Click Next
- Fill in User Information fields
- Login ID: Choose a Login ID that is unique and appropriate for your situation. This login ID will need to be given to CivicPlus in a later step.
- First and Last Name: Add the first and last name of the user
- Title (Optional): List the user's title
- Phone and Extension: Add a phone number for the user
- Mobile (Optional): List a mobile phone number
- Email Address: Enter a valid email address so that you can activate the user
- After filling out the form, click Submit
- Click Request PIN to verify your identity
- Enter PIN that was sent to you and click Verify PIN
- You should receive a message saying that your identity has been verified
- The user should have received an email to activate their account. If the user does not activate the account, you will not be able to take card-present transactions.
- When the user gets their activation email, they will be prompted to Request PIN
- They should enter the PIN and click Verify PIN
- The user should enter their password and click Activate
- You should now see the user back in the User Administration section of Authorize.net as Active
- The username and password for this account should be provided to CivicPlus for use to enable your card-present transactions.