This article will show you what it looks like to do a chip-read or a card-swipe transaction with Authorize.net and the BBPOS Chipper 2X.
- Prepare for payment; the CP Pay Tray Application should activate.
- Insert your card into the top of the BBPOS Chipper. In this picture, we are using the BBPOS Chipper in conjunction with a charging stand.
- If the chip fails to read 4 times, you will be instructed to swipe.
- Use the slot at the back to the device to read the magnetic stripe on the card.
- If you have elected to prompt for signature, the signature box will appear.
- Instruct your customer to sign the authorization agreement.
- Click Authorize
- You should receive a message the transaction was approved or declined.