If you are using the BBPOS Chipper, this article will walk you through generic steps that can be used to set up your device with USB or Bluetooth.
CivicPlus does not support, nor troubleshoot, hardware provided by third parties. For issues following the documentation linked below, please contact Authorize.net’s support team.
Using the BBPOS Chipper with USB
Plug in the device using the USB cable that the device came with. You do not need to press the power button. The device will automatically charge and will automatically connect to the CP Pay Tray application.
You may also opt to use a stand or cradle. Plug in the USB cable into the stand using the port found on the bottom.
Using the BBPOS Chipper with Bluetooth
The following instructions will walk you through setting up Bluetooth connectivity.
- Verify the device is charged. You will need to plug it in via USB to charge it. You can still use the device in USB mode while charging.
- Press the power button on the side. Confirm that the device is not in sleep mode.
- The device should automatically enter discovery mode.
- Make sure that you have Bluetooth turned on on your computer. Go to Bluetooth & Other devices and turn it on.
- Click Add a Device
- The serial number on the back of the device should now show in the list of devices to be paired