This article will walk you through setting up the CP Pay Tray Application for use with an Authorize.net credit card reader. This will allow you to take card-present transactions through the payment terminal.
- Download the latest CP Pay Tray Application. You will need version 184.108.40.206 or newer. Versions prior to 2.0.1 will not work.
- Follow the CP Pay Tray Application Installation Instructions.
- If you are having difficulty, see the troubleshooting guide.
- When the tray application is running, you should receive a notification that the CP Pay Command listener has started.
- Open your Windows System tray and right-click on the CP Pay Tray icon
- Select Settings
- The Configuration menu should appear
- Expand the Authorize.net EMV panel
- In the AuthorizeNetConnectionMode put USB or Bluetooth. Pick the option that you plan to use to connect your device.
- In the AuthorizeNetPaymentDeviceID, put the name of the terminal that you would like to use
- Note: This will be something that you can make up but should be descriptive enough to identify the computer and device that you are using. In this example, we have put “GolfCourse”.
- You are ready to run a test transaction.
Mobile Device Management
After the first use, you should be able to see your device listed in Authorize.net’s Mobile Device Management.