Receiving Socket Error
If you are receiving the following error “Socket Error: The Socket is no longer available to send a response” it may be that the security certificates were not installed properly.
To resolve this issue, it is recommended to try the following:
- Uninstall the CP Pay Tray Application
- Delete the directory located at C:\Program Files (x86)\CivicPlus\CpPay Tray App.
- Download and install the latest version of the Tray Application
- Run the application as an administrator. The first time you install the CP Pay Tray Application, you must run it with administrator privileges; otherwise, the security certificates will not install properly. This only has to be done once.
- Follow the setup instructions of the EMV device you are using and attempt another transaction. If you continue to have issues, please contact support.
Transaction Failed - Could not communicate with the credit reader
If you are receiving the following message, "Could not communicate with the credit card reader, please check the device connection. Click ok and then click retry. You may always want to try a different cable or USB port if the problem persists.
You may also receive a tray notification as well.
After clicking 'Ok', click 'RETRY'.