This article will give an overview of how to procure and set up devices for Tempus.
Your devices must be purchased directly from Tempus. The CivicPlus integration was tested using the Igenico Lane 5000.
CivicPlus does not support, nor troubleshoot, hardware provided by third parties. For issues following the documentation linked below, please contact Tempus’s support team.
- Download and install PaymentMate. The latest version can be found here: http://getpaymentmate.com
- Be sure to activate your installation. You will need your RNID, Zip Code, and Activation Codes. These items are furnished by Tempus
- A copy of PaymentMate instructions can be found below (see Resources)
- Physically setup your device. It needs to be powered on and plugged into USB
- Open your Registry by typing “regedit” into the windows search bar on your computer
- Open the Registry Editor application
- Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Open Software
- Open WOW6432Node
- Right-click on Tempus Technologies and select New > Key
- Name the folder “InteractiveAPI” with no quotes around it
- Note: Double-check your spelling. The folder name must match exactly.
- Right-click on InteractiveAPI and select New > String Value
- Rename the string to “EnableHTTP” with no quotes around it
- Right-click on EnableHTTP and select Modify
- Enter “1” in the Value Data without quotes
- Click OK
- Close the Registry Editor Application and go to C:\Spectrum\Utilities\CertificateInstaller in your File Explorer
- Note: This could be a different location based on where you installed PaymentMate.
- Right-click on importcerts and select “Run as Administrator”
- After the batch file finishes running, open PaymentMate (you should have already activated your installation)
- Select Configure
- Select the Peripherals/Receipts tab
- Select Configure Peripherals
- Select Station Settings
- Select Interactive API under Mode of Operation
- Select PIN Pad
- Select your device: for the Lane 5000, select Ingenico iSC(250/480)
- Select your COM Port
- Note: Your COM Port can be confirmed by checking your Device Manager.
- Click OK
- Allow your device to perform its updates. This can take several minutes. Once complete, you are ready to try a test transaction.