Converge has the ability for you (the merchant) to turn on a rule to flag duplicate transactions. This prevents the second transaction from being successful. CP Pay does not control whether a transaction is a duplicate or not.
This article is provided for informational and educational purposes only. If you are having trouble with duplicate transactions or following the steps in this guide, please reach out to Converge’s support team.
- Log in to Converge and click Settings
- Scroll down and select Fraud Prevention Rules
- Select Custom Rules
- Select New Rule under Pre-processing Rules
- In the pop-up, enter the name of your rule
- For the rule, select Duplicate Transaction (If) and the processing option of your choice (is)
- Click Add
Confirming a Duplicate Transaction
When a duplicate is detected, Converge will display the following message to the user.
If the user selects Return to Merchant, Converge will tell CP Pay that the transaction was a duplicate and to deny the transaction. If the user selects Try Again, and they use a different card, the payment can go through successfully.
You can verify a duplicate by going to Payments and selecting Declines.
Drilling into the transaction will show the error.