When setting up your connections between CP Pay and Converge, you will need to give the API user and PIN associated with each terminal. This article will explain what CivicPlus needs and how to get it.
This article is provided for information and educational purposes only. If you are having trouble following the steps in this guide, please reach out to Converge’s support team.
What are API Users
Converge has two types of users: API users and normal users. Normal users can log in to the Converge portal and have a username and password. API users cannot log in to the Converge portal and have a user ID and PIN. API users can only be used for interacting with Converge’s API.
When having Converge set up your API users, make sure that you get the API user’s ssl_user_id and ssl_pin. The integration needs the values, and you will be required to give these to CivicPlus.
Please do not ever give out direct login information to the Converge portal to CivicPlus. It will not work with the integration and is something you need to keep securely.
How to get API User Information
1. First, confirm that you have registered API users. Login to Converge and click Settings
2. Click on Online Security Whitelist Manager
3. Click on Registered API Users
- Note: If you do not see any API users listed, please see Instructions for Calling Converge in this article. You will not be able to continue until this is complete.
4. Copy the name of the API user. This is the ssl_user_id that you will need to give to CivicPlus
5. Navigate to Employees
6. Click on the Employee ID that matches the user ID from step 4
7. In the area that says Associated Terminals, you should see one or more terminals listed
8. Click on SHOW PIN
9. The PIN should appear. Copy this PIN and give it to CivicPlus
You should now have both the API user ID (ssl_user_id) and the API PIN (ssl_pin).
- Note: When completing step 9, if more than one terminal is listed, it is IMPERATIVE that you document which PIN goes to which Terminal and if it is a retail or internet terminal.