This article will walk you through how to enter a hand-key payment into a Converge EMV device.
The following steps will be like what you will see but may not be exact. Different prompts may show based on the card issuer or settings in your gateway.
1. Start a card-present (retail) transaction
2. Click the Manual Entry button
3. Answer the prompt, “Is the customer’s credit/debit card physically present for payment?. If the card can be physically verified, select Yes. If not, select No.
4. The EMV device will prompt you to enter the card number.
5. Enter the number and then press the green Enter button to move on to the next screen
6. The EMV device will prompt you to enter the expiration date. Enter the expiration date and press the Enter
7. The EMV device will prompt you to enter the CVV or CID. Enter the code and press the Enter
8. You will be asked to verify the amount. Selecting No will cancel the transaction
9. If you had 1) selected ‘Yes’ to amount verification, 2) you have selected ‘Yes’, the card is present, in step 3, and 3) you are using a device that captures a signature, then the customer will be prompted to create a signature.
10. The transaction will process
11. You will be notified of the approval