This article will walk through installing and configuring ConvergeConnect for use with CP Pay. ConvergeConnect is the listener application that sits between the EMV/pin-pad device and CP Pay.
This article is provided for educational and informational purposes only and was accurate as of January 3rd, 2020. CivicPlus does not make any guarantee to the accuracy of these specific steps below as Elavon may make modifications to what things are called, how they look or work. For issues following the steps below, please contact Elavon’s support team. CivicPlus does not support, nor troubleshoot, hardware provided by third parties.
- You must have downloaded the lastest version of ConvergeConnect. It can be downloaded here: https://www.myvirtualmerchant.com/VirtualMerchant/supportlandingvisitor.do
- You must have powered on your device and connected the USB cable
- You must have configured your device for USB mode
As of January 3rd, 2020, ConvergeConnect can only be installed on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10.
1. Click on the installer to launch it
2. Click Next
3. Click Install
You may see a pop up like this. This is normal.
4. On the next screen, click Next
5. Click Finish
6. Once installed, you should see it running your Windows tray.
7. Right-click on the item and select Show
8. Click Start
9. Once the Service and CWS both say running, click on Refresh Devices
10. The device is ready to be used once the Card Reader populates.