This process is necessary for CP Pay to be allowed to communicate with the Authorize.net gateway.
- Your account must be configured for eCommerce even if you are using a MagTek swipe reader.
This article is for information purposes only and was accurate as of October 29th, 2019. We cannot make any guarantee to the accuracy of these specific steps below as Authorize.net may make modifications to what things are called or where they are placed. The outline below should be substantially like what you should see on the Authorize.net site.
The client is responsible for configuring the Authorize.net transaction ID and providing the right API login ID to CivicPlus. The client must also ensure that their account is configured to accept e-commerce transactions. If the client does not do these items, users will not be able to complete a transaction.
- Navigate to Authorize.net, click Sign In, and select your option
- Click Account
- Click API Credentials & Keys
- Copy your API Login ID
- Select New Transaction Key
- Click Submit
- Follow the prompts to verify your identity
- Copy your key
- Send your API Login ID and Transaction Key to the CivicPlus Support Team to have your CP Pay configuration setup
If you received a code 87, you have not configured your Merchant Service Provider correctly. All transactions are processed as ecommerce, even if you are using a MagTek swipe reader. Please see Authorize.net’s documentation for more information.