This process is necessary for CP Pay to be allowed to communicate with the Converge gateway. This article will describe the process of calling into Converge and configuring your hosted payment form.
This article is for information purposes only and was accurate as of August 5th, 2019. We cannot make any guarantee to the accuracy of these specific steps below as Converge may make modifications to what things are called or where they are placed. The outline below should be substantially similar to what you should see on the Converge site.
If you (as the client) do not set up an API user, whitelist the correct IP address, or configure your hosted payment form, users will not be able to complete a transaction.
- Please be aware, you must be prepared with your federal tax ID, merchant ID, or bank information before calling in.
- You will also need to get the IP addresses and redirect URLs from your implementation consultant or CivicPlus support.
- Call Converge at 1-800-377-3962, Option 2, then Option 2
- On the call, make four requests:
- Request that they enable NextGen HPP (Hosted Payment Page) on the Terminal associated with your API user ID
- Request that they whitelist the IP address given to you
- Request that they create a registered API user. Collect the username and PIN and give to CivicPlus for setting up CP Pay.
- Request that they set up a shared token vault across all your terminals. This step is only important if you are planning to save cards-on-file
- On the call, make four requests:
- You can ensure that Converge performs these requests in two areas:
- Area 1: In the Online Security Whitelist Manager, called Valid IP Addresses
- Area 2: In the Fraud Prevention Rules, called IP Address Whitelist
- You can ensure that Converge set up a registered API user under Online Security Whitelist Manager Registered API Users
- If problems persist, you may request that Converge disables the registered domain referrer restriction so that any referrer can be used
- Note: This is because CP Pay URLs contain dynamic values and Converge’s referrer restriction requires an exact URL.
After the phone call, you will need to configure your HPP. If you do not configure these links, users will be redirected to incorrect places when they cancel or complete a transaction.
In the Payment Page settings, update the Cancel button, Decline button, and the Redirect URL to be the URL give to you.
- Log into Converge
- Navigate to Settings
- Select Hosted Payments
- Click Setup for the Payment Page
- Click Shipping Address
- Turn off the Shipping Address
- Return to the main Setup page
- Paste in the link to the Cancel Text
- Important Note: Make sure you select POST and check Include Original Post Data. Do NOT select GET as this may break the setup process.
- Navigate to the Response Page
- Select the Decline Page
- Paste in the link to the Decline Button
- Important Note: Make sure you select POST and check Include Transaction Data. Do NOT select GET as this may break the setup process.
- Navigate to the Redirect URL tab
- Paste in the link to the Redirect URL
- Important Note: Make sure you select POST. Do NOT select GET as this may break the setup process.
- Click Save
- Go to Settings > Payment Fields
- In the Order Section, click Add Payment Field
- In the popup, fill out this information to match exactly
- Name: Use cp_trans_id
- Display Name: Use CP Trans ID
- Display Name French: Use CP Trans ID
- Section: Order Section
- Field Type: Text
- Minimum Number Characters: Leave blank
- Maximum Number Characters: 36
- Check the box: Forward on Approval, Forward on Decline, and Show on Export Script
- Select ADD